If you have a bug that you want fixed this is an ideal time to report it but it would be best if you tried using the new version to see if it is already fixed!
A very large collection of fixes and changes has been added to the version of Merriweather here:
- the Word spaces are slightly tighter. This was done because high resolution screens and TTFA hinting mean that a wide word space doesn’t help with rendering any more.
- There are lining figures. These are figures that all shaper a common height and are as high as capital letters.
- The weights of the italic and roman match each other more closely. Like the word space question the previous design choice is made less valuable with better screens and TTFA hinting.
- Vietnamese support now exists in the font although not all the rendering bugs are taken care of yet. With luck that will be solved before a formal release
- The Question mark is less eccentric now.
- Duck feet quotes e.g. ‹Hi››Hi‹«Hi»»Hi« are now less wide. This was done in part for the same reason as the word space but also because ether were requests for this change.
- Cyrillic using languages are now better covered and the long fixed but not published and frustrating bug with the letter Yeru or “Ы or “еры” is fixed.
A comprehensive list of changes in in the Github.
Thanks to everyone who has requested fixes and improvements and to everyone who has sent me examples of their work using Merriweather. I hope to update this site to include examples that I was particularly happy with at some point.